Wednesday 10 June 2009

Not so Easyjet!

Ok so that would have been a better pun if I was actually flying with easy jet but it still works! Traveling didn't go according to plan! Got to Belfast int with time to spare for once. Unfortunatly my flight didn't take that into consideration. A one hour delay qucikly moved to two then three and so on. This is where I met Mardy and Charllenne! Walking up the steps they spotted I was pretty lost and basically ran about the airport with me for like an hour trying to find a printer so I could check in online for my Singapore flight. There isn't one publice printer in the whole airport! Wick!
So finally flew to London arrived with 30 mins till departure and practically killed myself trying to get to terminal one from terminal three! Made it in about ten mins but was to late! Great! Dad helped me organise a hotel which hopefully the insurance will pay for as Aer lingus washed their hands of it! Long story short spent the night in London then watched like a million movies en route to Singapore including Benjamin Button which I might add was excellent! The mixture of fatigue, poor food amd turbulance combined with an emotionally charged picture like that was simply too much to bare and I must admit I almost cried! No lie. But I didn't.....haha.
Nagotiated my way through the Singapore airport took a 2 hour flight to Denpasar and oila! Goodmorning Vietnam! I mean Indonesia.ha.
Getting of the plane was most similar to Dar es Salam. Hot sweaty air full of exotic spiced and scented filled my nostriles and gave me a nauseas feeling. It was worse in Dar but that was in fairness my first trip. Got my gear and haggled with a taxi man for ages trying to get a good deal. After about ten mins of getting ridiculous quotes I finally remember I wasnt dealing in Dollars or anything close! 80 ruppiahs was in fact a good deal, about 5 quid to take me 20 mins through one of the most crazy places ive encountered! I imagine it to be similar to Inian Urban areas. Scooters, bikes , horses, cars , vans you name it were flying down each side of the road using little or no indications. I can understand why the roads here are so deadly it really is a free for all!
The taxi man dropped my off at the end of the lane where my hotel was. Got a room at about 4 or 5 quid a night, double bed en suite! It is basic but compared to the hovels in australia it is paradise! Met some cool European and Korean guys who are here on holiday from their travel in ozz. Yes they are on holiday from a holiday. Weird. Got lunch which was cool then had the best massage of my life! Dont worry it was a massage clinic not parlour!aha. So its about 4.30 pm. There are no waves in the evenings apparently plus i haven't slept for a number of hours so im gonna get in the pool, cool down the sleep. Early start tommorow for my first surf in Indo!
Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment