Monday 8 June 2009

Dear babes...

I have decided to write in the form of a diary/blog an account of my indonesian surf trip as Gina did one and it was pretty cool. Gina is a much better writter than me and I can't spell very well so don't expect anything more than a crude account of my adventures when and if I get the time to update this.
Since I started surfing I have heard many stories of the great surf in Indo. Last summer in Hawaii I met my good friend Marcus who had previously spent time in Indo. His accounts of crystal clear waters and consistently perfect waves had me hooked. You had me at hello Indonesia!
Since Hawaii ive been building up the old student over draft just enough to get flights booked and give me enough spending money to hopefully last me a month(thanks parents)! Booked flights a few weeks ago to Denpasar in Bali. Fly from London through Singapore then on to Denpasar. Quite a long flight but i've had worse. Ive also had better. Notably my flight from London to South Africa. I sat beside Stuart Maunder and Titty on this flight. Needless to say Titty had a fun flight! goodtimes
Today is departure day. I leave at 5 which is perfect as I forgot to get the required injections and had to race down to the doctors this morning! I am fairly prepared, although I always think its best to be slightly unprepared to allow for adventure. Surfboard of course is waxed and ready to rip. Rucksack has a few t shirts along with some quirky/strange clothing only suitable for backpacking. Got the old medical kit sorted. Esther (my mum) helped me sort it all out yesterday. Went to Boots where we were greeted and served by a babe with blonde hair. I thought she was pretty hot and began to adopt the chilled out surfer dude flirting technique. All was going well when Esther asked if she could show us were the immodium tablets were. O yes that old chestnut. Mum i'd expect that of Hall or Black but not my own mum!Thankyou Esther. I quickly explained I was going to bali where bali belly is often on the cards to avoid any more akwardness however any hopes of meeting a new babe were gone.
I'm semi packed and ready to go. I found my camera charger which is a great success. I can take photos now of hot girls and pretend I pulled them. Arrive in Singapore tommorow avo then Denpasar at 10pm tommorow. I have it on good faith that there are lots of hostels etc so I havent booked, although this may prove tricky as by the time I sort out my visa etc it will be late but I guess it all adds to the excitement. Hall did however suggest sleeping on the beach. Apparently its a great way to meet friendly new people.... Thankyou Andrew I will be thinking of you when being sold into the indonsian sex trade.
So now is go time. Im starting to get that feeling all travellers get before a trip. Excitment, nausea,uncertainty and as I sit here on my bed, nervous, thinking to myself why do I do this, I remind myself of the truley AMAZING experiences I have had while travelling. The beutifull places ive been in, the dingy hostels ive stayed, the times ive felt unsafe, the times ive been on top of the world and the lifelong friends i've met along the way. Writting this has made me super pumped, its finally time to go to INDONESIA!!!Let the Odyssey begin!!!

2 comments:

  1. You crazy Bas.!!!Is there a contenent you haven't been too?? I graduate in december and want to travel for my grad present.. where's the best place in the world to go??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... This is Sarah A. From Utah by the way..

    ReplyDelete